we’re getting an original song as wedding gift!

You see, my fiancé have more than my mom to ask permission to marry me from. He had to ask my other set of parents, Jungee Marcelo and his beautiful wife, my mamu Anna. I really can’t wait to get to the best part, but let me tell you a little bit about my dada first. If you know the songs “Hataw na”, “SaYahweh” and the most recent one from MYMP “Opposites Attract” his name must be familiar to you. He wrote those among others. He’s a music producer/songwriter/composer/arranger/dance director and head coach to the Philippine All Stars. Yes, I’m a proud daughter.

So anyway, we went on a double brunch date to talk about the wedding. And here’s the best part. I was about to shove that spoonful of langonisa rice in my mouth, when he asked “Do you want an original song?” I mean, hello????? Was he kidding? The heck, I do! I got so excited , I lost my appetite and the langonisa suddenly tasted like paper. It takes a big deal of emotions for me to lose my appetite, you know.

So there. I’ll be singing my vows. Just like Lea Salonga. Chos! Ambishosa! :p

My assignment: To start working on my vows immediately after that two-hour brunch, so he could turn it into a song. Unlike other brides, who get to write their vows the same day as their wedding when all their emotions have already perfectly kicked in, I had to weave words that are song worthy, a month sooner. And I had a deadline. Not that I’m complaining :p

Now here's our family picture =)



Thank you dada, you couldn't have given us a more perfect wedding gift. You made me a very happy bride =)

*Wrote the text above a week ago. Only had time to post it now. Good news is, I’m actually done writing. Finished everything last week. Hurray!


1 comments:


Really? He wrote the Opposites Attract, too? Wow! I didn't know that. I think I missed it when I googled him last time. I can't wait to hear you sing your vows(Yak, feeling ko ako yung groom). GALINGAN MO HA? AND PLEASE DON'T COVER YOUR FACE THIS TIME!


Design by M. Elnar | Blogger Template by Blogger